Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Moses ends up in Midian because of his crimes, but God is still hearing the prayers of His people. This discussion centers around how, “We will be challenged to live godly lives and trust Him to hear our prayers. ”
1. Doing right the wrong way. Notice in vss. 11-14 that Moses took matters into his own hands and things did not work out as he had planned....…. Let’s work on seeking and obeying God’s will, even in the face of people being mistreated.
2. Fleeing from troubles. Notice in vss. 14-15 that Moses fearfully fled from Pharaoh who was trying to kill him......Let’s seek and obey God’s will as we face the consequences of our actions and challenges of our lives.
3. Fighting for justice. Notice in vss. 16-17 that Moses seem to have a “justice fighting” spirit......Let’s work on fighting for justice in ways that glorify God.
4. Hospitality, marriage, and children. Notice in vss. 20-22 how hospitality led to marriage and the naming of the son. .....Let’s work on hospitality, marriages, and generational stewardship.
5. Praying and crying to God. Notice in vss. 23-24 that God’s people cried to the Lord because of their pain, and God heard them. .....Let’s work on living like we believe the promises of God.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?