Introduction: Have you ever tried to do God’s will and it seemed like so many haters tried to block your progress? Think about school, jobs, family, church, community, and self-care challenges. This discussion centers around how, “We should counter negativity with prayerful work."
1. We should be making progress. As they were making progress in our text (i.e., Neh. 4:7-14), we should be making progress in our lives. .....Let’s work on making progress.
2. More progress often leads to more negativity. There was all kinds of negativity in our text. .....Let’s be mindful that more progress can lead to more negativity.
3. Prayer should include praise. They prayed in our text. Our praying should include praising God......Let’s work on prayerfully praising the Lord.
4. Prayer and work go together. In our text they prayed and worked. .....Let’s work on prayerfully working to do God’s will.
5. God can see us through. God blessed those in our text to finish the wall in Nehemiah 6:15. ......Let’s live like we trust God is still seeing His people through trying times.
What is one thing you will take from this material and work on, in regard to your discipleship goals?