Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God created sacred times and animals. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like we appreciate what God has created.
Read Genesis 1:14-19
I. Day Four.
- Sacred time. Notice in vs. 14 that one of the functions of the light was to help with identifying sacred times. .....Let’s reflect on God’s goodness and awesomeness so much that we obey His will.
- Lights. Notice in vs. 16 that “lights” (i.e., sun, moon, and stars) were given to rule the days and nights. .....Let’s work on being bright and useful lights for the Lord.
Read Genesis 1:20-23
II. Day Five.
- God of the sea, sky, and land. Notice in vss. 20-25 that God is the creator and authority of the sea, sky, and land. .....Let’s work on behaving as if God is over all and being wise stewards of what God has created.
Read Genesis 1:24-25
III. Day Six.
- Goodness. Notice in passages like vs. 25 that God saw that what He did was good. .....Let’s work on being “good” and doing whatever we do in good fashion.
- Theological statement vs. scientific explanation. Notice in vss. 14-25 the intention of our text is to make a theological (i.e., God based) statement about the origins of what we see. .....Let’s live like we understand this.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we appreciate what God has created. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.