Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God blessed Hannah with a son. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on praying and trusting God.
Read I Samuel 1:9-11
I. Hannah’s Sorrow.
- Prayer and vows. Notice in vss. 10-11 that Hannah prayed in her period of anguish for a child. ..... Let’s work on being both prayerful and careful about making unnecessary vows.
Read I Samuel 1:12-16
II. Eli’s Suspicion.
- Accusations and godly living. Notice in vss. 12-16 that Eli did not understand what was going on, but he accused Hannah of being drunk. .....Let’s work on being careful with accusations and living godly lives.
Read I Samuel 1:17-18
III. Eli’s Pronouncement.
- Living like we believe. Notice in vss. 17-18 that Eli essentially blesses Hannah, and Hannah behaves as if she believes the blessing is on the way. .....Let’s work on seeking God’s will in the lives of others and behaving as if we believe that God will take care of His own.
Read I Samuel 1:19-20
IV. The Lord’s Provision.
- Family worship. Notice in vs. 19 that Hannah’s family – at least her husband and his other wife – appears to have some type of family worship. ...... Let’s work on having our families involved in worship.
- God the promise keeper. Notice in vss. 19-20 that God remembered Hannah and allowed her to get pregnant and deliver a son - Samuel. God is a promise keeper. ..... This kind of living should be noted for obedience and confidence.
Conclusion: Let’s work on praying and trusting God. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.