Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that humanity’s sins led to punishment. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on avoiding sin and repenting when we do sin.
Read Genesis 3:8-13
- Staying in fellowship with God. Notice in vss. 8-13 that sin can lead to trying to hide and blaming. .....Let’s work on staying in fellowship with God.
Read Genesis 3:14-17
- The punishment of the serpent. Notice in vss. 14-15 the serpent was cursed to crawl on his belly and have an enemy relationship with humanity and their descendants. .....Let’s live like we believe greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.
- The punishment of the woman and man. Notice in vss. 16-17 that the woman and man were punished. .....Let’s work on obeying God, so we don’t make things worse than they are.
Read Genesis 3:20-24
- God’s gracious eviction. Notice in vs. 21 that God provides skinned garments for the couple. .....Let’s work on avoiding sin, but also being thankful for God’s grace, when we mess up.
- Obeying and trusting God. Notice in vss. 22-24 that God talks about humanity becoming like “us” and the need to keep humanity from the tree of life and living forever. .....Let’s work on striving obey and trust God’s will as we understand it, no matter how many questions we have about Him and the circumstances around us.
Conclusion: Let’s work on avoiding sin and repenting when we do sin. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.