Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God shows grace, despite His frustration with His people. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live so God is pleased with us, instead of frustrated with us.
Read Numbers 14:10b-12
I. God’s Intention.
- God’s frustration. Notice in vss. 10b-11 that the Lord shows His glory to His people and demonstrates His frustration with the rebellion of His people...... Let’s work on appreciating God’s revealed will so much that we obey what He sends through His leader, instead of rebelling against Him.
- God’s options. Notice in vs. 12 that God is able to destroy and start over. .....Let’s avoid tempting God to destroy and start over.
Read Numbers 14:13-20
II. Moses’ Mediation.
- Intercessory prayer. Notice in vss. 13-19 that Moses interceded for the people...... Let’s also work on praying for the wellbeing of others.
- Glorifying God. Notice in vss. 13-18 that Moses sought God’s glory and appealed to His word. .....Let’s work on glorifying and obeying God’s word.
- God’s love and forgiveness. Notice in vss. 18-19 that the Lord is strong enough to love and forgive His rebellious people. .....Let’s work on being so thankful for God’s love and forgiveness that we give our best to obeying Him.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living so God is pleased with us, instead of frustrated with us. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.