Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God made the woman for the man. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living as harmoniously as God created us to be.
Read Genesis 2:18-20
I. Family Not Possible.
- Not good to be alone. Notice in vs. 18 that it was not good for man to be alone. ..... Let’s work on developing helpful relationships in our church, families, and among our friends.
Read Genesis 2:21-24
II. Family Now Possible.
- God made the woman. Notice in vss. 21-22 that God made woman. .....Let’s work on appreciating God’s use of women. T
- Marriage over parents. Notice in vs. 24 that marriage is a greater priority to the spouses than their families of origin. .....Let’s work on supporting strong marriages.
Read Genesis 4:1,2
III. Family Expanded. Applications –
- Godly sex. Notice in vs. 1 that Cain is the product of sex between his mother and father. ..... Let’s support the godly principle of sex being for marriage only.
- Brothers but different. Notice in vss. 1-2 that Cain and Able were brothers with the same parents but different in occupation. .....Let’s strive to coach and support our young people in being whoever God is calling them to be.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living as harmoniously as God created us to be. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.