Introduction: A key idea of today’s Sunday School material is that even though God was giving the people the land, the people rebelled against God. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to appreciate what God is doing in our lives, instead of rebelling against His will.
Read Numbers 13:1-2, 17-18
- Working faith. Notice in vss. 1-2, 17-18 that the Lord speaks to Moses and Moses sends men to scout the land that the Lord is giving to His people. ….. Let’s work on having working faith in God.
Read Numbers 13:25-28
- Accountable team members. Notice in vss. 25-28 that those who were sent reported back to the one who sent them. .....Let’s work on being accountable team members.
- Keeping God in view. Notice in vs. 27 that the scouts reported on the abundance of the land and the powerfulness of the people, but there was no mention of the Lord. .…. Let’s work on keeping God in view.
Read Numbers 14:1-2. 5-10a
- A grumbling crowd. Notice in vss. 1-2 that people grumbled against Moses and Aaron and talked about how dying in Egypt would have been better than what they were facing. ….. Let’s learn from the mistakes of the grumbling crowd.
- Responding to challenges. Notice in vss. 5-9 that Moses and Aaron prayed and Joshua and Caleb tried to get the people to focus on trusting God. ….. Let’s seek God’s will in responding the challenges before us.
- Some will rebel anyhow. Notice in vs. 10a that the people were just bent on rebellion. ….. Let’s work on avoiding being a part of the rebellious crowd.
Conclusion: Let’s work on appreciating what God is doing in our lives, instead of rebelling against His will. God has much for those who obey His will.