Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God is the creator who has authority of this world. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like God has authority over this world and us.
Read Genesis 1:1-2
I. The Big Picture.
- God created. Notice in vs. 1 that God is the creator of the heavens and the Earth. ....Let’s live like we appreciate God being our creator.
Read Genesis 1:3-5
II. Day One.
- God’s light. Notice in vss. 3-5 that God created light. .... Let’s work on living in God’s light and urging others to do the same.
Read Genesis 1:6-8
III. Day Two.
- God’s authority. Notice in vss. 6-8 that God is calling and naming things. ....Let’s worship and live like God has authority over all.
Read Genesis 1:9-13
IV. Day Three.
- Diet. Notice in vss. 9-13 that God is the source of vegetation. ....Let’s work on a healthy diet that includes at least a generous portion of vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
- Theology, science, and history. Notice in vss. 1-13 that we have theological statements. .... Let’s focus on the theological importance of God being the creator, instead of being distracted by scientific or historic distractions.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like God has authority over this world and us. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.