Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God created mankind to rule the Earth with a godly diet. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to obey God’s will regarding rulership, diet, and more.
Read Genesis 1:26-31
I. Plan for Humans
- Image bearers and rulers. Notice in vs. 26 that God talks about making mankind in the image/likeness of God to rule over the Earth. ..... Let’s work on living like those who carry God’s image/likeness with the duty to rule over the Earth.
- Males and females. Notice in vs. 27 that mankind was created as male and female in the image of God. ..... Let’s work on treating both genders as created in the image of God.
- Being fruitful. Notice in vs. 28 that mankind was called to be fruitful. ..... Let’s strive to obey God’s will regarding being fruitful.
- Godly diets. Notice in vss. 29-30 that the original diet for mankind was fruits and vegetables – no meat. .....Let’s live like we are taking care of the temples of God know as our bodies.
- Very good. Notice in vs. 31 that God declares what He made, including mankind, was “very good.” ..... Let’s work on doing things well, so we can be closer to how God made us.
Read Genesis 2:4-7
II. Life for the First Human.
- A second account? Notice in vss. 4-7 that some believe this to be a second creation story. .....Let’s live like we are created by God to bring glory to Him by obeying His will.
Conclusion: Let’s work on obeying God’s will regarding rulership, diet, and more. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.