Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God sent bread to His complaining people. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to trust and obey God, instead of complaining about our journey.
Read Exodus 16:1-3
I. The People’s Accusation.
- Memories and complaining. Notice in vss. 1-3 that the people had such a romantic memory of Egypt and complained about the journey to the next level of blessings. .....Let’s work on our memories and complaining.
Read Exodus 16:4-8
II. The Lord’s Answer.
- Maximum blessings. Notice in vss. 4-5 that in order to get God’s maximum blessings, the people had to follow God’s instructions. ….. Let’s work on positioning for God’s maximum blessings.
- Complaining against God. Notice in vs. 7 that grumbling against God’s leaders was considered grumbling against God......Let’s avoid complaining against those whom God allows to serve as leaders.
Read Exodus 16:9-12
III. The Lord’s Presence.
- Doing your part for God’s glory. Notice in vss. 9-10 that Moses gave instructions to Aaron, and Aaron carried them out. ….. Let’s work on doing our part, so people can experience God’s glory.
- Miracles for unbelief. Notice in vss. 11-12 that God performed a miracle so people would trust Him. .....Let’s work on trusting and obeying God, whether He performs another miracle or not.
Read Exodus 16:13-15
IV. The Lord’s Provisions.
- New blessings. Notice in vss. 13-15 that the Lord blessed the people right where they were with blessings they had never experienced before. .....Let’s work on trusting God to bless us in ways that are best for us.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting and obeying God, instead of complaining about our journey. God has much for those who obey His will.