Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that husbands are to love their wives, and wives are to respect their husbands out of reverence to the Lord. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to carry out our marital duties out of reverence to the Lord.
Read Ephesians 5:21
– Mutual submission. Notice in vs. 21 that believers are called to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. ......Let’s work on submission and dutifulness out of reverence to Christ.
Read Ephesians 5:22-24
II. Wives and the Lord.
– Christian wives. Notice in vss. 22-24 that wives are to submit to their husbands, in everything, as unto the Lord and as their head. ..... As a church, let’s work on ministering to wives regarding their spiritual roles.
Read Ephesians 5:25-32
III. Husbands and Christ.
– Christian husbands. Notice in vss. 25-27 that husbands are to love their lives as Christ loved the Church. ...... As a church, let’s work on helping husbands carry out the duties of their spiritual role.
– Self-love. Notice in vs. 29 the assumption of self-love. First, we should love ourselves. .....Let’s work on loving and caring for ourselves, so we can serve the Lord at our highest level.
– Leave, unite, and oneness. Notice in vs. 31 that especially the husband is called to leave his parents, be united with his wife, and be one with her. ...... As a church, let’s work on supporting godly marriages.
Read Ephesians 5:33
– Love and respect. Notice in vs. 33 that at the core, the husband is to love his wife and the wife is to respect her husband. ......Let’s work on growing in the Lord, so we can be the spouses that God is calling us to be.
Conclusion: Let’s work on carrying out our marital duties out of reverence to the Lord. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.