Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that believers with extra should help believers with shortages. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to help one another.
Read Romans 12:9-13
I. Relating to Fellow Believers. Paul talks about a list of things his readers are to do towards one another. He talks about loving sincerely. He also talks about hating what is evil, never lacking in zeal, and sharing with those in need.
- Being loving. Notice in vss. 9-13 that Paul urges his readers to be loving. ....Let’s work on being loving.
- Positive attitudes in negative situations. Notice in vss. 11-12 that Paul urges his readers to have a positive attitude in their times of troubles. ....Let’s work on going through hard times with positive attitudes.
Read Romans 12:14-16
II. Independent Exhortations. Paul talks about how to deal with those who are challenging to get along with. He talks about blessing those who curse you. He calls for living together in harmony. And he teaches against being conceited.
- Empathy, humility, and harmony. Notice in vss. 15-16 that Paul urges his readers to focus on things like empathy, humility, and harmony. ....Let’s work on empathy, humility, and harmony.
Read Romans 12:17-21
III. Relating With Unbelievers. Paul goes on with a list of things to do towards those who are being evil. Paul talks about doing what is right in the eyes of everyone. He teaches against seeking revenge. He calls for overcoming evil with good.
- Breaking the cycle of evil. Notice in vss. 14, 17-21 that Paul urges his readers to avoid repaying evil for evil. ....Let’s work on developing the self-control to refrain from being evil to those who have been evil to us.
- Trusting the Lord. Notice in vss. 17, 20-21 that Paul urges his readers to live in obedience to God and trust Him to handle their enemies. ....Let’s work on trusting God enough to obey Him when we are tempted to do otherwise.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting and obeying God in the area of getting along with people. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.