Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Ruth follows Naomi’s coaching in pursing a marriage with Boaz. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to seek and obey God’s will for our lives.
Read Ruth 3:1-6
I. At Home.
– The well-being of future generations. Notice in vss. 1-..... Let’s help our future generations experience well-being.
– Passing wisdom from one generation to the next. Notice in vss. 3-6 that Naomi coached Ruth on how to relate to Boaz...... Let’s work on passing wisdom from one generation to the next.
Read Ruth 3:8-12
II. At the Threshing Floor.
– Noble character and assertiveness. Notice in vss. 8-12 that Ruth was known as a woman of noble character, despite her assertiveness..... Let’s work on being people of noble character and assertiveness towards doing God’s will.
– Treat people right. Notice in vs. 12 that Boaz demonstrates being a man of integrity and fairness. ….. Let’s live like we believe that God is watching how we treat people.
Read Ruth 3:16-18
III. At Home Again.
– Generosity and follow through. Notice in vss. 16-18 that Boaz is noted for being generous and having follow through. …... Let’s work on being people of generosity and follow through.
Conclusion: Let’s work on seeking and following God’s will for our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.