Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Ruth decided to stay with Naomi and Naomi’s God. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live so that people want to be attached to God and His people.
Read Ruth 1:6-10
I. First Plea.
- Talking about the Lord’s goodness. Notice in vs. 6 that Naomi heard about the Lord providing for His people. .....Let’s work on talking to people about the good things that the Lord is doing.
- The next move. Notice in vss. 6-7 that Naomi was willing to leave what was not working and go to where God was moving......Let’s work on responding to God’s calling us from one place to another on our journey.
- Be fair with people. Notice in vss. 8-10 that Naomi was transparent and looking out for the best interests of her daughters-in-law. .....Let’s live like we trust God to take care of us, as we do the right thing.
Read Ruth 1:11,14
II. Second Plea.
- Trusting God more than people. Notice in vs. 14 that some people mean well, but they will not finish what they promised...…. Let’s live like we trust God more than the people in our lives.
Read Ruth 1:15-18
III. Third Plea.
- Attached to God and His people. Notice in vs. 16 that Ruth resolves to be with Naomi and to worship Naomi’s God...... Let’s work on living so people will want to be attached to God and His people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living so that people want to be attached to God and His people. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.