Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God wants His people to live like He is number one in their lives. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like God is number one in our lives.
Read Luke 14:15
I. The Place. Someone makes a comment about Jesus’ teaching. Jesus responds by sharing a parable and more teaching material.
- Helping people understand. Notice in vs. 15 that someone made a comment and Jesus responded with relevant teaching.
Read Luke 14:16-24
II. The Parable. Jesus shares a parable about a banquet. The first group of invitees made excuses for not coming. A second and third list are called upon to replace the “excuse making” first list.
- Plans call for cooperation. Notice in vss. 16-18a that after great planning, people still did not cooperate.
- Living like God is number one. Notice in vss. 18-21, 24 that three of the people on the first list made excuses for not coming to the prepared banquet.
- Being faithful despite our emotions. Notice in vs. 21 that the servant reported to his master and carried out his master’s instructions.
- Filling the Lord’s house. Notice in vs. 23 that the master had a passion for having his house full.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like God is number one in our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.