Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God’s people should work on living by God’s word both internally and externally. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living by God’s word both internally and externally.
Read Matthew 7:1-6
I. Poor Judgment.
– Don’t judge. Notice in vss. 1-2 that Jesus teaches against “judging.” .....Let’s work on avoiding ungodly judging and condemning.
– Planks and specks. Notice in vss. 3-5 that Jesus calls for self-improvement before trying to improve others. ….. Let’s work on self-improvement more than trying to improve others.
– Pearls, dogs, and pigs. Notice in vs. 6 that Jesus talks about not giving what is valuable to those who are like dogs and pigs...... Let’s work on seeking the wisdom and courage needed to avoid giving what is valuable to the wrong people.
Read Matthew 7:15-23
II. Telltale Fruits.
– Wolves in sheep clothing. Notice in vss. 15-20 that there are false prophets. .....Let’s be aware that the enemy can use sheep looking wolves to cause all kinds of trouble in the church.
– God knows the truth. Notice in vss. 21-23 that in the end, false prophets may fool the people, but they cannot fool God. ….. Let’s work on being right in God’s eyes and trusting Him to set things right at least in the end.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living by God’s word both internally and externally. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.