Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God wants His people to pray with confidence in Him. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on our prayer lives.
Read Luke 18:1-5
I. Parable. Jesus shares a parable with His disciples. The parable features an unjust judge. He doesn’t give a widow justice because he fears God or cared about what people thought. He gave justice because the woman kept on bothering him.
- Effective communication. Notice in vs. 1 that Jesus spoke in parables to communicate His lesson about prayer. Let’s work on being effective communicators.
- Ungodly judges. Notice in vss. 2-5 that justice was eventually served through the unjust judge. Let’s work on trusting God to work all things out even through ungodly people.
Read Luke 18:6-8
II. Principles. Jesus explains a principle from the parable. God will do much better than the unjust judge. God will provide justice. God will be responsive to persistent prayer. Jesus raises a question about the Son of Man finding faith on Earth.
- God can be trusted. Notice in vss. 7-8 that God will bring about justice for His chosen ones. Let’s live like we trust God is working things out for His people.
- God’s chosen ones. Notice in vss. 7-8 that the promise is for God’s chosen ones. Let’s make sure that we are a part of the “chosen ones.”
- Praying and working with faith. Notice in vss. 7-8 that the promise is for those who are filled with faith and do what God calls them to do. Let’s pray and work for freedom with confidence in God’s perfect will being done.
Conclusion: Let’s work on our prayer lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.