Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus calls for His people to love others deeply. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to love others deeply.
Read Matthew 5:21-26
- Self-control. Notice in vss. 21-22 that Jesus talks about murder, anger, and insulting siblings. .....Let’s work on self-control with especially our siblings.
- Reconciling with siblings. Notice in vss. 23-24 that Jesus talks about reconciling with our siblings and giving to God. ….. Let’s work on reconciliation and giving.
- Reconciling with adversaries. Notice in vss. 25-26 that Jesus talks about reconciling with adversaries quickly. ….. Let’s work on reconciling quickly with adversaries.
Read Matthew 5:27-30
- Adultery and lust. Notice in vss. 27-28 that Jesus talks about adultery and lust. ….. Let’s work on avoiding the sins of adultery and lusting.
- Avoiding sin. Notice in vss. 29-30 that Jesus talks about gouging and cutting to avoid sin. .....Let’s work on seriously avoiding sin.
Read Matthew 5:31-32
- Divorce. Notice in vss. 31-32 that Jesus talks about certificates of divorce being given for unjust causes and the sin associated with such. ……. Let’s work on developing godly marriages, instead of participating in ungodly divorces.
Conclusion: Let’s work on loving others deeply. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.