(Pro. 1:1-4, 7-8, 10, 20-22, 32-33; 6/7/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.)
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God’s people should strive to live wisely. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live wisely.
Read Proverbs 1:1-4
I. Introducing a Book.
- A wise king. Notice in vs. 1 that there are proverbs from King Solomon. .....Let’s work on living by and sharing proverbs.
- Prudent behavior. Notice in vss. 2-4 that the proverbs were concerned with instruction in prudent behavior. .....Let’s work on studying with an aim of prudent behavior.
Read Proverbs 1:7-8, 10, 20-22, 32-33
II. Introducing Wisdom.
- Fearing the Lord vs. foolishness. Notice in vss. 7-8 that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge......Let’s work on living wisely, instead of foolishly.
- Hear and obey wisdom’s cry. Notice in vss. 20-22 that wisdom is pictured as crying out for the attention of people. .....Let’s work on hearing and living by wisdom, instead of giving into foolishness and mockery.
- Make the right choice. Notice in vss. 32-33 that waywardness and complacency lead to destruction......Let’s work on making and living by the right choice.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living wisely. God has much for those who obey His will.