Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus teaches a crowd about the “beattitudes.” Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live by the “beattitudes.”
Read Matthew 5:1-2
- Crowds for Jesus. Notice in vs. 1 that a crowd was following Jesus’ ministry...... Let’s work on developing crowds for Jesus.
- Teaching the crowd. Notice in vs. 2 that Jesus taught the crowd. ….. Let’s work on teaching people how to live by God’s word.
Read Matthew 5:3-12
- Rough times. Notice in vss. 3-5 that there are blessings for those who are in tough situations – poor in spirit, mourn, and meek. .....Let’s work on trusting God, no matter what we see and how we feel.
- Striving to live right. Notice in vss. 6-9 that there are blessings for those who are striving to live godly lives – those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, are merciful, are pure in heart, and are peace makers. ….. Let’s work on trusting God enough to keep striving to live right.
- Persecuted for Jesus’ sake. Notice in vss. 10-11 that there are blessings for those who are persecuted for Jesus’ sake. .....Let’s work on facing persecution for Jesus’ sake in godly ways.
- Rejoicing. Notice in vs. 12 the urging to rejoice and be glad about the promises of God. ….. Let’s work on rejoicing and being glad about God’s promises, despite our circumstances.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living by the “beattitudes.” God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.