Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Paul wanted his readers to live in the confidence afforded to them by Jesus. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living confidently in Jesus.
Read Colossians 2:1-5
I. Love’s Concern.
- Encouragement and strength. Notice in vss. 2-3, 5 that Pau wanted his readers to be encouraged and strong in the Lord. Let’s work on encouragement and strength in the Lord.
Read Colossians 2:6-7
II. Loves’ Growth.
- Lordship and thankfulness. Notice in vss. 6-7 that Paul’s readers are urged to continue to live in the lordship of Jesus with thankfulness...... Let’s work on living in the lordship of Jesus with thankfulness.
Read Colossians 2:8-12
III. Love’s Object.
- Devilish distractions. Notice in vss. 4,8 that there are bad players involved....... Let’s avoid being distracted by the devil.
- Jesus is all that we need. Notice in vss. 9-10 that believers have all that they need in Jesus. ….. Let’s live like we know that Jesus is all that we need.
- Circumcised and baptized. Notice in vss. 11-12 that believers have circumcision and baptism with Jesus. ….. Let’s work on living like we are circumcised and baptized with Jesus.
Read Colossians 2:13-15
IV. Love’s Triumph.
- Forgiven. Notice in vss. 13-15 that believers are forgiven. Their sins are nailed to the cross. .....Let’s live like forgiven people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living confidently in Jesus. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.