(Pro. 8:8-14, 17-21; 6/21/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.)
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School lesson is that living wisely can lead to great blessings. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on living wisely.
Read Proverbs 8:8-14
I. Wisdom’s Words.
- Wisdom and justice. Notice in vss. 8, 14, 20 that wisdom speaks and is concerned with justice and righteousness, and she is acquainted with counsel, sound judgment, insight, and power......Let’s work on seeking a wisdom that helps those who suffer from injustice and unrighteousness.
- Wisdom and riches. Notice in vs. 10 the urging to choose wisdom over the riches of this world (i.e., silver, gold, rubies, and things you desire)......Let’s work on keeping wisdom and riches in perspective.
- Active wisdom. Notice in vss. 9, 13 that discerning people and those who have found knowledge find wisdom to be right and upright. ......Let’s work on having active wisdom, instead of passive knowledge or fear of the Lord.
Read Proverbs 8:17-21
II. Wisdom’s Wealth.
- Seeking and obeying. Notice in vs. 17 that wisdom loves those who love her and she is found by those who seek her......Let’s seek and obey wisdom’s instructions.
- Blessings. Notice in vss. 18-21 that there can be wealth from wisdom. ......Let’s work on living wisely and trusting God to bless us as He sees fit.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living wisely. God has much for those who obey Him.