Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus instituted a new and better covenant. Prayerfully, we will be challenged live like we appreciate the covenant that is based on Jesus.
Read Mark 14:17-25
I. Covenant Anticipated.
- Betrayal. Notice in vss. 17-18, 21 that Jesus knew one of His twelve would betray Him...... Let’s work on trusting God, even in the face of betrayal.
- The Lord’s Supper. Notice in vss. 22-25 that Jesus talks about the bread and fruit of the vine representing His body and blood. Let’s remember the symbolism of the Lord’s Supper and live accordingly.
Read Hebrews 8:6-7, 10-12
II. Covenant Described.
- The covenant based on Jesus. Notice in vss. 6-7 that the covenant based on Jesus is better than the covenant based on Jews living by the law of Moses...... Let’s live like we appreciate what Jesus has done.
- Our discipleship. Notice in vss. 10-11 that the new covenant was to be placed on people’s minds and hearts.....Let’s work on our discipleship.
- God’s grace. Notice in vs. 12 that God is a gracious and forgiving God. ….. Let’s work on living so God can show grace towards us.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we appreciate the covenant that is based on Jesus. God has much for those who obey His will.