(Pro. 2:1-11; 6/14/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.)
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is God’s people should strive to live wisely. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live wisely.
Read Proverbs 2:1-5
I. Earthly Father’s Plea.
- Being great teachers. Notice in vs. 1 that the father is teaching his son. .....Let’s work on being teachers of wise living.
- Seeking wisdom. Notice in vss. 2-5 that actively seeking wisdom often leads to God revealing it.....Let’s work on actively seeking and obeying God’s revealed wisdom.
Read Proverbs 2:6-11
II. Heavenly Father’s Word.
- God gives wisdom. Notice in vs. 6 that God is the giver of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. .....Let’s work on being open to whatever way God sends His wisdom.
- God’s blessings. Notice in vss. 7-11 that God has much for those who live right. Let’s work on living right for God’s glory.
- By and by. Notice in vs. 9 that somethings will be understood later. Let’s work on walking by faith in what we understand to be God’s will.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living wisely. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.