Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that salvation is available to all who believe. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to make sure that we believe and are urging others to do the same.
Read Romans 3:21-26
I. Just and Justifier.
- Jesus’ atonement. Notice in vss. 22, 25-26 that we are made righteous before God through faith in Jesus Christ’s atonement...... Let’s work on living like those who are thankful for Jesus’ atonement.
- Jews and Gentiles need Jesus. Notice in vss. 22-23 that there is no difference between the Jews and Gentiles with regard to them being sinners who need and are able to be saved through Christ. .....Let’s make sure that we are saved and urging everyone to get saved.
Read Romans 3:27-31
II. Faith and Law.
- No room for boasting. Notice in vs. 27 that there is no room for human boasting in our being saved by faith in Christ. .....Let’s make sure we have all of our confidence in Jesus and not in ourselves.
- The bigness of God. Notice in vss. 29-30 that God is a big god. He is God of the Jews and Gentiles, Blacks and Whites, and all who call on His name. ….. Let’s work on appreciating the bigness of God.
- The Mosaic Law. Notice in vs. 31 that the Mosaic Law had and has some value. Its valuable in that it teaches us about sin, justice, atonement, grace, and more. .....Let’s thank God for how He works all things out for the good of His people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on making sure that we believe and that we are urging others to do the same. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.