(Hosea 11:1, 2, 7-10; 12:1, 2, 6-14; 5/31/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that God wants godly living and will punish sin. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on godly living instead of living in sin.
Read Hosea 11:1, 2, 7-10
I. Father’s Faithfulness.
- God loves His children. Notice in vs. 1 that God loved His children. In fact, He brought them out of Egypt to where they were......Let’s work on living like we believe that God really loves us.
- Keep God first and only. Notice in vss. 2, 7 that the people turned from God. .....Let’s focus on serving God as the only god in our lives.
- Sin causes stress. Notice in vss. 8-10 that holy and loving God is somewhat conflicted over punishing His people. .....Let’s work on living by God’s will, so we can avoid putting any stress on God and bringing more stress into our lives.
Read Hosea 12:1, 2, 6-14
II. Lord’s Resolution.
- Learning from the mistakes of others. Notice in vss. 1-2, 11-12, 14 that sin triggers God’s punishment. ….. Let’s learn from the mistakes of others.
- Living by God’s will. Notice in vss. 6-8 that God called for living by His will. …..Let’s work on living by God’s will.
- God’s use of people. Notice in vss. 10, 13 that God uses people. .....Let’s work on appreciating what God is doing through people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on godly living instead of living in sin. God has much for those who obey His will.