(Zeph. 3:14-20; 5/3/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God plans to bless His people in a number of ways. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to position ourselves to be blessed, instead of punished.
Read Zephaniah 3:14-15
– Enthusiastic praise. Notice in vs. 14 that the people of God were expected to sing, shout loud, be glad, and rejoice about God’s goodness. .....Let’s work on having enthusiastic praise towards God’s goodness.
– The turn around. Notice in vs. 15 that God plans to take away the punishment, turn back the enemies, and be with His people in such a way that they don’t need to fear harm anymore......Let’s work on obeying God, so we can experience His turning things around for us.
Read Zephaniah 3:16-20
– Better days. Notice in vss. 17-18 that better days were promised. .....Let’s live like we believe that better days are coming. .
– Oppressors. Notice in vs. 19 that God will deal with oppressors. .....Let’s be mindful of God’s dealing with the oppressors.
– Finances and attitudes. Notice in vss. 19-20 that God will deliver the lame and exile. …..Let’s position ourselves for God’s blessings.
Conclusion: Let’s work on positioning ourselves to be blessed, instead of punished. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.