Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God wants believers to be transformed and faithful in their services as members of the body of Christ. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to make sure that we are being transformed and faithful in our services as members of the body of Christ.
Read Romans 12:1-2
I. Transformed Person.
- Self-sacrifice. Notice in vs. 1 that believers are called to give themselves as living sacrifices to God. ….. Let’s work on sacrificing ourselves to the Lord.
- Transformation, not conformity. Notice in vs. 2 that believers are called to be transformed by the renewing of their minds, instead of conforming to the world. .....Let’s work on being transformed, instead of conforming.
- God’s perfect will. Notice in vs. 2 that a transformed life helps the believer to test and approve what God’s good, pleasing, and perfect will is. .....Let’s work on living transformed lives, so we can experience God’s perfect will for our lives.
Read Romans 12:3-8
II. Transformed Congregation.
- Right thinking. Notice in vs. 3 that believers should not get the big head but to think of themselves in terms of the faith that God has given them. ….. Let’s work on thinking of ourselves in the right way.
- Diverse functions in one body. Notice in vss. 4-8 that there is diversity of function and service along with unity in the body of Christ......Let’s work on carrying out our functions/services as members of the same body.
Conclusion: Let’s work on making sure that we are being transformed and faithful in our services as members of the body of Christ. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.