(Jer. 21:8-14; 5/17/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that the Lord calls for justice, or He will send His wrath. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live obediently, so we can avoid God’s wrath.
Read Jeremiah 21:8-10
I. To the People.
- Telling what the Lord said. Notice in vs. 8 that Jeremiah was to tell the people what the Lord said. ….. Let’s work on telling people what the Lord said with our lips and lives.
- Choosing life or death. Notice in vss. 8-9 that the people had to choose between life and death. .....Let’s work on prayerfully discerning and then obeying God’s will as we face decisions in life.
- God’s punishment. Notice in vss. 10, 14 that God punishes sin......Let’s turn from our sins before God sends more punishment.
Read Jeremiah 21:11-14
II. To the King’s House.
- Justice. Notice in vss. 11-12 that the Lord had a word for the royal courts. .....Let’s work on being justice workers for God’s glory and our having a just society for our children and descendants.
- Confident in the Lord. Notice in vs. 13 that the people had too much confidence in their physical position and too little concern with God. ….. Let’s make sure that our confidence is in the Lord more than the things of this world.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living obediently, so we can avoid God’s wrath. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.