Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that believers are to live Spirit lead lives. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live in obedience to the Holy Spirit who calls us to live by God’s word.
Read Romans 8:1-4
I. Law of the Spirit.
- No condemnation. Notice in vss. 1-4 that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. …... Let’s live like we are not under condemnation.
Read Romans 8:5-11
II. Indwelling of the Spirit.
- Fleshly living. Notice in vss. 5-8 that fleshly thinking and living leads to negative situations. .....Let’s work on helping people avoid fleshly living.
- Spiritual living. Notice in vss. 5-6 that spiritual living and thinking leads to life and peace. ….. Let’s work on living a Spirit led life.
- Christ and the Holy Spirit. Notice in vss. 9-10 that there is no such thing as having Christ but not the Holy Spirit. .....Let’s be thankful for the Holy Spirit being active in our lives.
Read Romans 8:12-14
III. Leading of the Spirit.
- Our obligation. Notice in vss. 12-14 that believers are obligated to live by the Spirit, which includes putting to death the misdeeds of the body and being children of God. ….. Let’s work on carrying out our obligation to live by the Spirit.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living in obedience to the Holy Spirit who calls us to live by God’s word. God has much for those who obey His will.