(Zech. 8:1-8, 11-17; 5/10/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God promises great blessings and urges His people to get along with one another. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to trust the promises of God and obey His will.
Read Zechariah 8:1-8
- The word of the Lord. Notice in vs. 1 that the word of the Lord came to Zechariah. ......Let’s work on prayerfully studying and obeying the word of the Lord.
- God’s jealousy. Notice in vs. 2 that the Lord is jealous for His people. .....Let’s live like we appreciate God’s jealous care.
- God’s plans. Notice in vss. 3-8 that God has all kinds of blessings planned for His people. .....Let’s work on living like we believe this.
Read Zechariah 8:11-17
- Inherited blessings. Notice in vss. 11-13 that God planned to turn things around and give the remnant inherited blessings......Let’s work on obeying and trusting God like we appreciate our blessings.
- God’s grace. Notice in vss. 14-15 that God punishes and blesses according to His will. .....Let’s work on living like we trust God to be a God who leans towards grace.
- Getting along with people. Notice in vss. 16-17 that God expects His people to speak the truth and be just with one another. ….. Let’s work on not only loving God, let’s also love people, as we love ourselves.
Conclusion: Let’s work on trusting the promises of God and obeying His will. God has much for those who obey His will.