Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus sends His disciples/apostles to preach and heal. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to obey God’s calling on our lives to share His word and respond to the needs of people.
Read Matthew 10:1-4
I. Called to Imitate.
- Authority to serve. Notice in vss. 1-2 that Jesus gives His disciples/apostles authority to do ministry. ..... Let’s work on discerning and obeying God’s calling us to do good works.
Read Matthew 10:5-12
II. Commissioned to Do.
- Targeted ministry. Notice in vss. 5-6 that Jesus instructed His disciples to carry out a targeted approach. .....Let’s work on being obedient to God’s calling us to targeted and general approaches to evangelism and ministry.
- Preach and heal. Notice in vss. 7-8 that Jesus instructed His disciples to preach and heal the sick......Let’s share God’s word and respond to people’s needs in ways that bring glory to God.
- Accommodations. Notice in vss. 9-12 that the disciples were to trust God to provide for their accommodations......Let’s work on being obedient to God’s calling us to trust Him by going with unanswered questions and supporting those who are going for the Lord.
Read Matthew 10:13-15
III. Counseled to Expect.
- Unreceptive people. Notice in vss. 13-15 that Jesus teaches that there are times to leave the unreceptive with the understanding that they will be judged for such......Let’s seek God’s wisdom and courage related to unreceptive people.
Conclusion: Let’s work on sharing God’s word and responding to the needs of people. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.