(Isa. 42:1-9; 4/5/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that God will send His Servant to minister to His glory. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to minister in ways that God gets all of the glory.
Read Isaiah 42:1-4
- Be a great servant. Notice in vs. 1 the mention of God’s Servant. ..... Let’s strive to be great servants of God.
- Justice bringers. Notice in vss. 1, 3 that the Servant of God is to seek and bring justice. ......Let’s be justice bringers.
- Gentle faithfulness. Notice in vss. 2-4 that the Servant will be known for gentle faithfulness. .....Let’s work on having gentle faithfulness in service.
Read Isaiah 42:5-9
- God the creator. Notice in vs. 5 that God is the creator. First, nothing just popped up. ...... Let’s live like we believe that God is the creator.
- God’s presence and power. Notice in vs. 6 that God will be with and strengthen His Servant. ...... Let’s serve with the assurance of God’s presence and power.
- Ministering to the oppressed. Notice in vs. 7 that the Servant will minister to the oppressed. ..... Let’s work on doing the ministry that we can.
- God’s glory. Notice in vs. 8 that God will not share His glory with others. .....Let’s live like we are striving to give God all of the glory out of our lives.
Conclusion: Let’s work on ministering in ways that God gets all of the glory. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.