(Isa. 61:8-11; 62:2-4a; 4/26/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God has better days planned for His people. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like we trust that God has better days planned for us.
Read Isaiah 61:8-11
I. The Priestly Nation.
- Justice and wrongdoing. Notice in vs.8 that the Lord loves justice and hates wrongdoing...... Let’s work on obeying and enjoying the blessings of God.
- Blessed before others. Notice in vs. 9 that God can bless His people in such a way that others see how blessed they are. .....Let’s live such a blessed life that God get’s glory.
Read Isaiah 62:2-4a
II. The Righteous Nation.
- Delighting and rejoicing in the Lord. Notice in vs. 10 that the people of God delighted and rejoiced in the Lord and His goodness towards them. .....Let’s work on keeping our mind on how good the Lord has been, is being, and will be to us.
- Salvation and growth. Notice in vs. 11 that the Lord saved or made righteous His people. ….. Let’s work on thanking God for what He has done for us and is growing through us.
- Better days. Notice in vss. 2-4 that better days were planned. .....Let’s live like we believe that God has better days planned for us.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we trust that God has better days planned for us. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.