Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that an angel and Jesus urged the women to spread the word about Jesus’ resurrection. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like we received the news about Jesus’ resurrection.
Read Matthew 28:1-4
I. Amazing Sight.
– God’s mysterious ways. Notice in vss. 1-3 that God moved in mysterious ways...... Let’s live like we believe that God is still able to move in mysterious ways.
Read Matthew 28:5-7
II. Assuring Words.
– Faith over fear. Notice in vss. 5-7 that the angel called the women to have more faith in God’s word than fear of what was going on around them...… Let’s choose faith over fear.
Read Matthew 28:8-10
III. Astonishing Appearance.
– Moving forward with more joy than fear. Notice in vs. 8 that the women ran with fear and joy...... Let’s work on moving forward with more joy than fear.
– Confirmation. Notice in vss. 9-10 that Jesus appeared with a confirmation of assignment, after the women started moving in the right direction. .....Let’s work on moving in the right direction and trusting God to see us through.
Read Matthew 28:11-15
IV. Arranged Cover-up.
– Wicked people. Notice in vss. 11-15 that the religious leaders paid money to get the soldiers to lie about Jesus’ body being stolen......Let’s work on learning from the failures of the wicked people in the text.
– The word got out. Notice in Matthew 28:16-20 (beyond the scope of our printed text) that the cover up failed. ….. Let’s live like news of the resurrection has changed our lives.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like we received the news about Jesus’ resurrection. God has much for those who obey His will.