Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus prepares for His death and commends a woman’s faithfulness. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to prepare for our times of trouble and be faithful.
Read Matthew 26:1-5
I. Jesus is Hated.
– Times of trouble. Notice in vs. 2 that Jesus warned His disciples of the trouble that was coming. .....Let’s work on being prepared for our times of trouble.
– Mean people and riots. Notice in vss. 3-4 that there were some mean religious people who sought to kill Jesus without causing a riot...... Let’s be mindful of mean religious people trying to kill without causing a riot.
Read Matthew 26:6-13
II. Jesus is Honored. J
– Relational ministry. Notice in vss. 6-7 that Jesus spent time with people. ..... Let’s work on relational ministry.
– Appreciating who God sent. Notice in vss. 7-13 that there was a blessing in taking care of Jesus. .....Let’s work on demonstrating appreciation for those God sent to minister to us.
– The poor and special events. Notice in vss. 8-11 that Jesus talks about the poor always being around, but His death is a special one-shot event...... Let’s work on responding to the poor and special events in godly ways.
– Overriding recommendations. Notice in vss. 10-13 that Jesus overrode what His disciples were promoting. .....Let’s seek and follow God’s wisdom about overriding recommendations.
Conclusion: Let’s work on preparing for our times of trouble and being faithful. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.