(I Cor. 15:1-8, 12-14, 20-23, 42-45; 4/12/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.
Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that believers need to remain mindful of and stand on the gospel of Jesus Christ. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to be mindful of and stand on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Read I Corinthians 15:1-8
I. Key to Preaching.
- Passing on the gospel. Notice in vss. 1, 3 that Paul gave effort to keeping those he ministered to mindful of the gospel that he has passed on to them. Let’s work on passing on and keeping people mindful of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Strong faith. Notice in vss. 1, 2 that those who believe the gospel are to stand on it and hold it firm. .....Let’s work on having standing and holding faith in God.
- Seen by many. Notice in vss. 3-8 that Jesus died, was resurrected, and was seen by many. .....Let’s live like we believe that Jesus was resurrected.
Read I Corinthians 15:12-14
II. Key to Faith.
- The resurrection. Notice in vss. 12-14 that Jesus’ resurrection is of foundational importance..….Let’s live like we appreciate the resurrection.
Read I Corinthians 15:20-23, 42-45
III. Key to Hope.
- Physical and spiritual bodies. Notice in vss. 42-45 that Paul talks about physical bodies being replaced with spiritual ones. Let’s be mindful that our physical bodies will be replaced with spiritual bodies.
Conclusion: Let’s work on being mindful of and standing on the gospel of Jesus Christ. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.