Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God is calling His people to live humbly. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live humbly.
Read Luke 14:7-11
I. The Humble Guest.
- Effective communicators. Notice in vs. 7 that Jesus used a parable to help Him communicate. ..... Let’s work on being effective communicators.
- Celebrating Christian marriage. Notice in vs. 8 that there was a wedding feast...... Let’s work on supporting and celebrating Christian marriages.
- Humility. Notice in vss. 8-11 that the readers are urged to be humble, instead of self-exalting......Let’s work on humility more than self-exaltation.
Read Luke 14:12-14
II. The Humble Host.
- Get your word from the Lord. Notice in vs. 12 that Jesus had a lesson for the host...... Let’s work on hearing and obeying what God has for us.
- Watch out for only inviting those who can return the favor. Notice in vs. 12 that Jesus teaches against only doing good for those who can do good for you......Let’s not only bless those who can bless us, and let’s bless those who do bless us.
- Inviting the less fortunate. Notice in vss. 13-14 that Jesus urges the listeners to bless those who may not be able to bless them back...... Let’s work on trusting God to take care of us, as we are kind to the less fortunate.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living humbly. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.