Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus called Zacchaeus and Zacchaeus responded well. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to respond well to God’s callings for our lives.
Read Luke 19:1-4
I. Determined Glimpse.
- Problem solving. Notice in vss. 2-4 that Zacchaeus showed initiative...... Let’s work on being problem solvers, instead of victims of problems.
Read Luke 19:5-6
II. Surprise Announcement.
- Disciple making. Notice in vss. 5,10 that Jesus looked for, saw, and called Zacchaeus...... Let’s work on looking for, seeing, and calling people to be who God is calling them to be.
- Come quickly and invite Him in. Notice in vs. 6 that Zacchaeus did well to come quickly when called by Jesus and to welcome Jesus into his home. .....Let’s work on coming quickly to Jesus and inviting Him into every area of our lives.
Read Luke 19:7-10
III. Varied Attitudes.
- Muttering. Notice in vs. 7 that there was a muttering crowd...... Let’s be a part of supporting God’s agenda for sinners, instead of muttering about His grace.
- Transformation. Notice in vs. 8 that Zacchaeus showed obvious transformation after he accepted Jesus......Let’s work on living like Jesus is really Lord of our lives.
Conclusion: Let’s work on responding well to God’s callings for our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.