(Hab. 2:6-14; 3/15/20; Dr. Baines, Jr.)
Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that the Babylonians will reap what they have sown. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to sow godliness, so we can reap God’s blessings, instead of His wrath.
Read Habakkuk 2:6-8
I. First Woe.
- Watch how you treat people. Notice in vss. 6-8 that the Babylonians are scheduled to receive the mistreatment that they had given to others. ......Let’s be careful how we treat people.
- Wealth. Notice in vs. 6 that building wealth with stolen goods is unprofitable. …... Let’s make sure that we pursue wealth in godly ways.
Read Habakkuk 2:9-11
II. Second Woe.
- Hiding from God. Notice in vss. 9-11 that Babylon’s attempts to protect themselves will fail. ......Let’s work on obeying the Lord, instead of trying to hide from Him.
Read Habakkuk 2:12-14
III. Third Woe.
- Social justice. Notice in vs. 12 that God sees and will deal with injustice. ……. Let’s work on living by God’s word in every area of our lives.
- God will set things right. Notice in vs. 14 that God will show up and set things in order. …….. Let’s work on trusting the Lord to do the right thing at the right time and in the right way.
Conclusion: Let’s work on sowing godliness, so we can reap God’s blessings, instead of His wrath. God has much for those who obey His will.