Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Jesus called people to be dedicated followers of Him. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to be dedicated followers of Christ.
Read Mark 1:16-20
I. Heed the Call.
- Disciple making. Notice in vss. 16-20 that Jesus sought and saw people who He would turn into disciples...... Let’s work on seeking and seeing people whom we will help to be disciples of Christ.
- True discipleship. Notice in vss. 18, 20 that a choice to be a disciple means forsaking what we want and doing what God is calling us to do, now...... Let’s work on living like true disciples.
Read Luke 14:25-33
II. Count the Cost.
- Teaching the crowd. Notice in vss. 25-26 that Jesus taught the large crowd that traveled with Him.......Let’s make sure that we are doing what we can to help people understand and live by God’s word in addition to whatever else God is calling us to do.
- Love and hate. Notice in vss. 25-27 that our loving God should be so much greater than our love of others that we appear to hate others. ......Let’s work on loving God much more than others.
- Our best move. Notice in vss. 28-32 that one should consider the cost before making big moves......Let’s work on being “all in” disciples of Christ.
Conclusion: Let’s work on being dedicated followers of Christ. God has much for those who obey His will.