Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that all of those who are saved are equal children of God. Prayerfully, we will challenged to live like children of God.
Read Galatians 3:26-29
I. Foundation of Equality. Paul talks about how all who have been clothed with Christ are children of God by faith. Being Jewish, free, or a male doesn’t make one more saved than the Gentiles, slaves, and women. It is mentioned in our Sunday School material that all believers are heirs to Abraham’s promise.
- Salvation through Christ. Notice in vs. 26 that people become children of God through faith in Christ. On one hand, no one lives well enough to be a child of God. Going to church every Sunday, paying your tithes, and being busy in service to others are not enough.
On the other hand, the worse of us can become children of God through Christ. Ex-cons, our enemies, and those who seem so different than us can all be saved through Christ.
Let’s be so thankful for our salvation through Christ that we work to help others get saved as well. Inviting and bringing people to worship and growth groups, so we can grow together is a great start.
- Oneness in Christ. Notice in vss. 28-29 that no matter one’s nationality, socio-economic status, or gender, we are all on the same level of salvation. We are one in Christ. No one is more saved than the other. And no one is less saved than the other.
Christ had to save all of us from going to the same Hell. Let’s live like we understand our oneness in
Christ. Such living should be known for helping those who feel “less than”
to be confident in Christ. Such living should move anyone who feels “more than”
to humble themselves.
Read Galatians 4:1-5
II. Establishment of Equality. In our Sunday School material Paul compares believers to under aged heirs. Until the set time, like under aged heirs, believers were under the elemental spiritual forces of the world. But when God sent His Son, believers were eligible for adoption to sonship.
- God is trustworthy and wise. Notice in vss. 1-5 the need to trust God’s timing and wisdom. There are some things about God that we don’t understand right now. We may be like under aged heirs with questions.
Some things we may never understand. However, we can trust Him, even when we don’t understand Him. Let’s live like God is trustworthy and wise. This kind of living should be known for our obedience, expectancy, and confidence in the Lord.
- Estate planning. Notice in vss. 1-2 of our Sunday School material the estate planning implications. Some people want to leave money to someone who cannot handle it right now. An example maybe a minor or someone who is suffering from a drug problem.
Let’s work on being wise stewards of our resources. This application calls for estate planning and maybe the need to explore having a trust set up.
- Adopted status. Notice in vss. 4-5 the idea of “adoption status.” The devil would love for us to doubt our salvation. There may be some people who challenge our salvation, because we don’t have the same background as they have.
However, let’s stand boldly in our adoption status. We are just as saved as anyone else because we have accepted the same Jesus by faith. The worse and newest can be as saved by faith, and the best and oldest are going to Hell without faith in Jesus paying it ALL.
Read Galatians 4:6-7
III. Outcome of Equality. Paul talks about the believers being sons of God. We have the Spirit of God’s Son in our hearts. Our Sunday School material states that we are no longer slaves but children of God.
- Children of God. Notice in vss. 6-7 that believers have a close relationship with the Father through Christ. We are no longer compared to simply slaves, but we are children of God.
On one hand, this should make us feel good. But on the other hand, we should feel the responsibility to live up to the idea of being children of God. God wants us to behave as if we have some “home training.” We are representatives of our Father.
Let’s live like children of God. At the core of God’s will are the issues of being saved by faith in Christ and living lives of loving God and others, as we love ourselves.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like children of God. God has much for those who obey His will.Please click here to let us know, if this has been quality and helpful information for you (i.e., make sure you let us know the name of the article). Feel free to share your questions and comments about the article as well.