Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that Paul urged his readers to focus on being close to God. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to focus on being close to God in our lives as well.
Read Philippians 3:7-11
I. Gain and Loss.
- Prioritizing our relationship with the Lord. Notice in vss. 7-8 that Paul prioritized a closer relationship with the Lord over his past experiences...... Let’s work on prioritizing our relationship with the Lord.
- Saved by faith in Jesus’ death. Notice in vs. 9 that Paul talks about a righteousness based on faith in Christ, not based on living up to the Mosaic law...... Let’s make sure that we are basing our salvation on Jesus’ death for us, not our list of do’s and don’ts.
- Suffering and resurrection. ..... Let’s work on having the faith needed to suffer for Christ, so we can be resurrected with Him.
Read Philippians 3:12-14
II. Forgetting and Pressing.
- Our race is not over. Notice in vss. 12-13 that Paul was not at the finishing line. .....Let’s live like we know that our race is not over.
- Forgetting and straining for the prize. Notice in vss. 13-14 that Paul is resolved to forget what is behind him and strain for the prize before him......Let’s work on forgetting and straining for the prize.
Conclusion: Let’s work on focusing on being close to God. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.