Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God can be trusted to take care of His obedient people. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on being obedient and trusting God, no matter what we see.
Read Psalm 91:1-8
I. Safe Place.
– God is a shelter for His people. Notice in vss. 1, 3-4, 7-8 that God provides sheltered rest and care for His people......Let’s live like we trust God to work all things out for the good of His people (see Rom. 8:28).
– Talking about our trust in God. Notice in vs. 2 that the writer talks about saying that he is trusting in the Lord......Let’s work on sharing with one another that we are trusting the Lord.
– Faith over fear. Notice in vss. 5-6 the idea of having no fear of the negativity that surrounds the writer......Let’s work on being people who are ruled by faith in God, not fear of negativity.
Read Psalm 91:11-13
II. Trustworthy Protector.
– Angels. Notice in vss. 11-12 that God sent angels......Let’s be so thankful and expectant of God’s use of angels that we treat everyone with love and respect.
– Lions and cobras. Notice vs. 13 talks about God’s people being victorious over lions and cobras......Let’s work on trusting God in dangerous situations.
Read Psalm 91:14-16
III. Sure Promises.
– Love leads to blessings. Notice in vss. 14-16 that loving God leads to all kinds of blessings......Let’s work on trusting God to bless those who love and obey Him.
Conclusion: Let’s work on being obedient and trusting God, no matter what we see. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.