Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Jesus uses a parable to talk about praying. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on our prayer lives. .
Read Luke 11:5-8
I. Persistent Request. J
- Being hospitable. Notice in vss. 5-6 that there was a friend (i.e., friend A) who wanted to be hospitable to his unexpected guest (friend B). .....Let’s work on being hospitable.
- Asking for what you need. Notice in vss. 5-6 that the friend (i.e., friend A) asked another friend (i.e., friend C) for what he wanted. .....Let’s work on asking for what we want out of our friendships.
Read Luke 11:9-10
II. Tenacious Prayer.
- Persistent faith. Notice in vss. 9-10 that Jesus draws from the story about the principle of being persistent in our prayer lives. .....Let’s work on praying persistently and trusting God’s will to be best
Read Luke 11:11-13
III. Faithful Response.
- God’s love and wisdom. Notice in vss. 11-13 that since evil earthly fathers give good gifts, we can count on our heavenly Father to give even better gifts. .....Let’s work on trusting the love and wisdom of God.
- God’s great gift. Notice in vs. 13 that Jesus talks about the gift of the Holy Spirit being given. .....Let’s be thankful for the abiding gift of the Holy Spirit.
Conclusion: Let’s work on our prayer lives. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.