Introduction: A key idea in today’s material is that Jesus defended against the devil’s attacks. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to make sure we are able to defend against the devil’s attacks.
Read Matthew 4:1-4
I. In the Wilderness.
- Wilderness journeys. Notice in vs. 1 that Jesus was led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit. .....Let’s work on getting through our wilderness journeys.
- The devil’s attacks. Notice in vss. 2-3 that the devil can attack us when we are weak. .....Let’s live like we believe the devil likes to attack when we are weak.
- Standing on God’s word. Notice in vss. 4, 6-7, 10 that Jesus stood on God’s word. ..... Let’s make sure we are standing on a proper understanding of God’s word.
Read Matthew 4:5-7
II. At the Temple.
- Testing God. Notice in vs. 7 the idea that we should not tempt God with silly stuff. .....Let’s work on prayerfully studying and obeying God’s word with the support of others.
Read Matthew 4:8-11
III. On a Mountain.
- Worship. Notice in vs. 10 that God’s people are to worship God and God alone...... Let’s work on worshiping God and God alone.
- God’s care. Notice in vs. 11 that angels came after the testing. ..... Let’s work on trusting God to take care of His own.
Conclusion: Let’s work on defending against the devil’s attacks. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.