Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God’s people ought to praise Him for His awesomeness. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to praise God for His awesomeness.
Read Psalm 66:1-4
I. Come and Praise.
- Praising our awesome God. Notice in vss. 1-4 that God is to be praised by all of the Earth......Let’s work on praising God like we understand that He is awesome.
Read Psalm 66:5-9
II. Come and See.
- Our churches as places of worship. Notice in vss. 5, 16 that people are called to come and see and hear about the awesomeness of God....... Let’s work on making our churches places where people can see and hear about the awesomeness of God.
- God is global. Notice in vs. 7 that God rules over all nations. .....Let’s live like we believe that God is a global God.
Read Psalm 66:16-20
III. Come and Hear.
- Our sins. Notice in vs. 18 that the writer understood that cherishing sin in his heart would impact God’s response to his prayers......Let’s work on dealing with our sin issues, so our prayers will not be hindered.
- God’s grace. Notice in vs. 20 that the writer is appreciative of God’s grace......Let’s live like we appreciate God’s grace.
Conclusion: Let’s work on praising God for His awesomeness. God has much for those who obey His will.
Click here for home page.