Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God’s faithfulness should trigger praise and obedience. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to work on praising and obeying our faithful God.
Read Psalm 48:1-3
I. God Glorifies Zion.
– Praising the Lord. Notice in vs. 1 that the writer talks about God being great and worthy of praise...... Let’s work on praising the Lord like He is really great in our lives.
– The Lord’s house. Notice in vss. 2-3 that the Temple/house of God was well maintained. .....Let’s work on keeping God’s house looking nice and remembering that we worship God, not the building.
Read Psalm 48:9-11
II. Celebrate God’s Leadership.
– Keeping our minds right, in church. Notice in vss. 9-11 that the writer talks about how he is mindful of God’s love, righteousness, and judgment, when he is in God’s house......Let’s work on coming to church and focusing our minds on godly things.
– Reaching others for the Lord. Notice in vs. 10 that the writer talks about how the praising of the Lord reaches to the ends of the Earth like the Lord’s name. .....Let’s work on letting God use us to reach others as well.
Read Psalm 48:12-14
III. Teach Future Generations.
– Our young people. Notice in vs. 13 that the writer was concerned about the next generation knowing God and what He has done....... Let’s work on helping our young people know God and what He has done.
– Following God’s faithful guidance. Notice in vs. 14 that God is so faithful......Let’s work on living like God is our faithful guide.
Conclusion: Let’s work on praising and obeying our faithful God. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.