Introduction: A key idea in today’s Sunday School material is that God called His people to live like He was really Lord of their lives. Prayerfully, we will be challenged to live like God is really Lord of our lives.
Read Joshua 24:1-3a, 13
I. Looking at the Past.
- Gathering in the Lord’s name. Notice in vs. 1 that the people gathered in the name of the Lord at Joshua’s calling. ..... Let’s work on more of what our church covenant calls, “walking together in Christian love.”
- God’s goodness. Notice in vss. 2-3a, 13 that the Lord had been mighty good to the Israelites, despite the sins of their fore parents. ..... Let’s work on appreciating God’s goodness, despite our sins.
Read Joshua 24:14-15, 21-24
II. Living in the Present.
- Fearful and faithful service. Notice in vs. 14 that God called for fearful and faithful service, which included the throwing away of false gods. ..... Let’s work on fearfully and faithfully serving the Lord.
- Choosing the Lord. Notice in vs. 15 that the people are called to choose God or idolatry. .....Let’s demonstrate our choice to live for God with obedience.
- Our households. Notice in vs. 15 that Joshua did not wait for the crowd’s vote...... Let’s work on getting our household to serve the Lord with us.
- Be doers. Notice in vss. 21-24 that the people said, “yes,” they would serve the Lord. ..... Let’s work on really being doers of God’s word.
Conclusion: Let’s work on living like God is really Lord of our lives. God has much for those who obey His will.Click here for home page.